Healthcare organizations have more data at their fingertips than ever before, but struggle to effectively leverage that information to prioritize, predict, and prevent costly clinical challenges.
These are problems that require innovative approaches, but reliance on antiquated IT infrastructure and outdated BI practices can create insurmountable obstacles to getting innovative initiatives off the ground.
Only 1 in 3 customers are successful developing and deploying predictive models. Where are they struggling?
- Continued reliance on on-premises infrastructure means that healthcare organizations are missing out on the cost savings, scalability, flexibility, and innovative opportunities of cloud computing.
- Business Intelligence team backlogs mean that simply getting the data you need to build analytics solutions can take months or, in some cases, years.
- BI teams, IT departments, data engineers and data scientists often work in siloes toward siloed objectives, making cross-team collaboration difficult.
Thus, innovation initiatives are born in silos and struggle to reach organization-wide adoption.
Prominence healthcare solutions built on Databrick’s unified analytics platform overcome many of the obstacles that stand in the way of innovation.
- On-demand infrastructure eliminates the burden of shipping, installing and maintaining physical servers.
- On the Databricks platform, you can launch scalable and highly available clusters with, literally, the click of a button. (Okay, two buttons.)
- Scale up and down automatically and as needed rather than paying for capacity you’ll never use or not having the power you need as usage grows.
- Care for your patients, not your servers!
- Databrick’s highly optimized Spark clusters can provide order-of-magnitude performance improvements over traditional, single-node solutions.
- Databrick’s unified platform performs data integration, machine learning, advanced analysis and scalable genomics within a single interface.
- Data engineers and data scientists work in a shared, collaborative environment. No more databases under desks or folders on laptops full of chaotic spreadsheets.
- Accelerate development by exploiting Prominence’s wealth of healthcare data and technology expertise.
To learn more, view this webinar showcasing how Prominence uses Databricks unified analytics platform to build a scalable sepsis prediction model from raw EHR data.
Are you ready to remove the obstacles to innovation imposed by on-premises infrastructure and opens the door to doing innovative work? Contact Prominence.